The Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry is registered as a not-for-profit private company limited by guarantee under the Companies Act Chapter 486 of the laws of Kenya. Before the promulgation of the Kenyan Constitution in August 2010, the KNCCI had its main operations at the head office in Nairobi with regional offices in the major towns in Kenya. However, after the promulgation of the constitution, the Chamber amended the legal instrument to establish a National Office and County Chamber’s offices in all the 47 Counties.
The Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KNCCI) is a membership based trade support institution (TSI) working to protect commercial and industrial interests of Kenyan business community. KNCCI advocates for the creation of a favorable commercial, trade and investment environment that supports enterprise expansion. The membership of KNCCI constitutes small, micro enterprises (MSEs), medium and large enterprises.
A vibrant and prosperous business community
To facilitate and promote a sustainable business environment for economic growth and prosperity
• Team work
• Quality Service
• Innovation and Creativity
Rallying Cry “Growing your business together” Objectives
• Promote, co-ordinate and protect commercial and industrial interest to its members and Kenya in a general.
• Promote trade within and outside Kenya.
• Establish and organize finance trade and industrial exhibitions and displays either on its own or in participation with other persons or organizations.
• Foster social unity and promote the welfare of the commercial and industrial community.
• Promote, support or oppose legislations and ineffective bureaucratic measures that may be put in place by the government for the interest of the members.
• Collect and disseminate statistically sound information and other materials to its members.
• Arbitrate in the settlement of commercial and industrial disputes among its members.
• Establish commercial exchanges, new rooms, libraries and other facilities that may be beneficial to its members.
• Provide facilities for the study, enquiry and research into commercial and industrial matters and to publish material and journals among others for the benefit of its members.
The functions are implemented through the following sectorial committees:
• Economic development Committee.
• Agriculture Committee.
• Environment Committee.
• Trade Fairs and Exhibitions committee.
• Women in business committee
Services Offered by KNCCI
• Economic Diplomacy
• Government Representation
• Export Promotion Activities
• Trade Facilitation
• Enterprise Development Forums
• County Trade Investment Services
• Business Information Services
• Internal Trade Promotion
• Training and Consultancy Services
• Issuance of Certificates of Origin
• Trade Dispute Settlement and
• Arbitration Services
• Business Forums
Benefits Offered to Members
• Gain credibility in your business
• Increase visibility in the community
• Create networking opportunities
• Gain a voice in government
• Make business contacts
• Receive Chamber newsletters
• Acquire customer referrals
• Participate in Chamber events and programs
• Offer a platform for promotion and publicity